Delaware is located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States and has a population of just over 1 million people. The state has plenty to offer visitors, including historical sites and beautiful natural landscapes. Delaware is home to some of the country’s most popular attractions, such as Dover Air Force Base and Wilmington. There are also plenty of fun things to do in Delaware without having to leave the state, such as visiting amusement parks or going camping.
What are the rules and regulations regarding marijuana, stated by the government of Delaware
Delaware is the first state in 2020 to start delivery options for medical marijuana in the time of Covid-19. As a result, those who want to get medical marijuana at their home can just buy it online without any hesitation. However, they will need to have a prescription for the same. Medical marijuana is vital for those who have chronic pains, ailments, etc. That is why the government has decided to provide door-to-door service for the patients of the medical marijuana therapy program.
Columbia Care, a medical cannabis dispensary available in all three state counties, will be providing the service of delivering medical marijuana at your home. It has got the permission of the state’s government. In addition, several other businesses are starting to rise as well. Two regional U.S. State Senators, Sharif Street of Philadelphia and Daylin Leach of Montgomery have proposed to legalize cannabis for recreational use in a limited number.
Getting medical marijuana has been reliable for the citizen of Delaware because of all the laws that have been made during Covid-19. However, individuals that are younger than 21 years old will not be consuming any medical marijuana substance without a caregiver. Anyone who is facing ailments that can only be cured by medical marijuana can legally purchase cannabis with a medical marijuana card in Delaware.
We at KIF provide you with all the facilities regarding medical marijuana therapy because we know that your ailment is impossible to be cured without marijuana. Just make sure to contact us, and we will get you in touch with the best medical marijuana doctor in Delaware.
Top tips to get a medical cannabis card in Delaware
Are you looking for an MMJ card in Delaware? Then you came to the right place because we at KIF are providing all the services related to medical marijuana therapy in Delaware, including several states. However, there are some specific guidelines that you need to follow in order to get your hands on an MMJ card. In addition, you also need to make sure that you contact a licensed doctor instead of a fake one. Here are the pointers that you need to keep in mind when applying for an MMJ card:
Schedule an Appointment with MMJ Doctor
Whichever time is convenient for you, contact us and schedule an appointment at KIF. If you’re a beginner in all of this, you will need a specific amount of assistance so that you understand the process thoroughly. With our guidance, you will not have any issues related to medical marijuana therapy. Documents such as your license, id proof will also be needed in this process. As a result, you have to bring those documents too. Then only you can move with the process of getting an MMJ card.
Chat with a Cannabis Specialist
Now, you need to meet a 420 doctor in Delaware for the further process. They will have a discussion with you regarding your ailment and the documents that you have provided. In addition, talking to an MMJ doctor in Delaware will help you know more about the condition you are facing. They will provide you with some specific advice that can help you fight the disease. Once you get approved, you will be moving to the final step of the program.
Approval and Filling the Application Form
After getting approval from a 420 doctor, you will be ready to fill out the application form for the registry of medical marijuana program. The Delaware Department of consumer protection will evaluate your application form and verify the documents you have provided to them. The reason behind checking your information is to see if you are a citizen of Delaware. If you’re not a citizen of Delaware, you will not be allowed to apply for a medical cannabis card in Delaware.
If your card is near its expiration date, you can re-certify the card by applying in the registration process of the medical marijuana program. You will be reminded when your card is about to be expired by our work professionals.
Some ailments that can be cured by Medical Cannabis Therapy in Delaware
You need to go through the process of medical marijuana evaluation in Delaware to get the MMJ card you want. Then only will you be able to purchase medical cannabis through certified clinics? Before any of that, you also need to ensure that you have any ailment that is curable by medical marijuana therapy. The Delaware Department of consumer protection has made a list of disorders that are qualified for medical marijuana therapy. Here is the list of medical ailments mentioned below.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Persistent nausea not related to pregnancy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sickle cell anemia
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis/Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Seizures, including epilepsy
- Severe nausea
- Cancer-related weight loss or chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Decompensated cirrhosis
These ailments are directly qualified for the Delaware medical marijuana program, and if anyone has these ailments, they should immediately seek a 420 doctor. Delaware Health and Social Services department has also made some other illnesses legal such as self-injurious or aggressive behavior, cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain, intractable nausea, and acute, etc.
At the same time, if any individual is below 21 years old and has any of these specific ailments will also be permitted to apply for the MMJ card. However, there is a need for them to have a caregiver or a guardian of their own. They can apply for the MMJ card on their behalf. Here is a list of required ailments to become a potential patient for the medical marijuana therapy program.
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Cachexia/Wasting syndrome
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Multiple sclerosis
- Excessive weight loss or chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
How to register yourself for the Medical Marijuana Program in Delaware
You might not know about the whole process of 420 evaluation in Delaware if you are new to all this. However, we are here to provide the knowledge of this particular program. You are already in a lot of trouble, and we don’t want you to face it anymore. That is why you should know every document that you need before you come to us for your MMJ card. Make sure that you have these documents lined up so that there will be less time taken of yours to register you.
- Payment of the proper application fee
- Caregiver valid ID
- Name, address, and mobile/telephone number of the medical clinics from where the patient will purchase the cannabis products
- Valid ID Card
- Certification by an authorized doctor
- Patient’s age proof
- Residency proof
- Current Passport size photograph with a white background
- Photo size is a minimum of 2” X 2” under 30 days old
The initial charge for submitting an application is 25 dollars, and if need be, you will have to pay an additional amount for the validation extension. In addition, you also commit to every rule and regulation of the medical marijuana therapy program. Pointers are mentioned below for those who are looking for answers on how to get on with the process of the medical marijuana program.
- Submit the initial application form copy to MMR.
- You should also have a written certification from a medical cannabis doctor in Delaware to prove that your ailment is eligible for medical marijuana therapy.
- You also need to send a photocopy of the patient and the caregiver(if any), with the Delaware driver’s license or any other ID proof.
- Pay an initial fee and it is possible to make payments through check or any other online transaction.
Any error during the process of medical marijuana therapy will lead you to disqualification, and you will not be able to access medical marijuana from legal clinics. Recreational use is not fully allowed in the state yet, so you need to get an MMJ card in order to purchase medical marijuana in Delaware.
How to become a caregiver in Delaware? The whole process:
If any individual wants to be a caregiver, they need to meet certain criteria that are given by the health department of Delaware. The first and foremost criteria are that they should be at least 21 years old in order to become someone’s caregiver.
In addition, they should not have been convicted of any felony charge in the previous history. Every record will be thoroughly checked, including their documents as well. The cost of a caregiver application form is 125 dollars, and if anything goes wrong during the process, the price will be non-refundable. So make sure you provide every piece of information truthfully.
Possession, distribution, and cultivation in Delaware
The rules and regulations vary from state to state, and there are particular laws for distributors and cultivators as well. If they don’t follow the rules and regulations given by the state, they will be punished according to the crime they have committed. All raw materials, products, equipment, property, vehicle, research products, paraphernalia, money, and other assets will be seized due to the crime.
- Anyone who has marijuana and is less than 21 years old without a medical marijuana evaluation in Delaware will be punished according to the laws. The punishment will vary according to the amount of consumption.
- Anyone at the age of 21 can consume up to 1 ounce of marijuana in the state of Delaware Cannabis is considered legal in Delaware if it is consumed under 1 ounce.
- If anyone consumes more than 15 to 30 grams of marijuana without any prescription or permission, they will be punished with a Class B felony in which they need to spend one year in prison and have to pay a fine of 10000 dollars.
- The possession of 3000 grams and more is considered to be a punishable offense as well, and the individual has to go for five years imprisonment and/or a fine up to $50,000.
- Patients who are allowed to consume medical marijuana can also have the medical marijuana plant in their homes. They can grow up to six marijuana plants but not more than that.
- It is vital that the individual applying for a medical marijuana card should be a legal citizen of Delaware. To give proof that they should have a driver’s license with them.
- If any individual is distributing marijuana illegally will face punishment accordingly. If anyone spreads more than 15 grams, they will have to stay in jail for a year and also have to pay a 10000 dollars fine.
- If anyone is found to be distributing the marijuana near school grounds will have to pay double the charge and also has to be in jail for five years.
You can contact us through our website and call us at the mentioned number. We will be there with you at every step of the process and will help you in guiding you in the right direction. We will also provide you with knowledge regarding the laws of medical marijuana in Delaware. The reason for this is that we don’t want you to commit any crime unknowingly and then have to pay a fine. Therefore, get in touch with the best medical marijuana therapy service center in Delaware.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the different qualification criteria when applying for a medical cannabis card in Delaware?
Ans: If you want to apply for a medical marijuana card in Delaware, you will need to have an ailment permitted by the state’s rules, such as cancer, Parkison’s disease, epilepsy, chronic pain, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc.
Q: Is there a possibility to get the medical cannabis card if someone is not a resident of Delaware?
Ans: No, you need to apply at your state, but you will not be allowed to apply for a medical marijuana card if you’re not a citizen of Delaware. However, you can apply at your state, which may have also legalized the use of medical marijuana.
Ans: There are several documents required in order to apply for an MMJ card, including your license, id proof, passport size photo, and a certification letter, which only a licensed 420 doctor can give you.
Q: What if someone violates the rules and regulations given by the state government regarding medical marijuana?
Ans: If anyone violates the rules of medical marijuana, then they will be considered as a criminal in the state of Delaware. They will be punished according to the possession they intend to have.