Medical Marijuana For ShinglesAmanda Hays
Shingles is a viral infection that leads to a painful rash. Even if this infection can happen at any part of the body, it mostly appears as a sole line of blisters that wraps around either the right or the left side of your chest.
Varicella-zoster is the virus responsible for this infection, and it is the same virus that leads to chickenpox. Once you have had chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus remains inactive within the nerve tissue near your brain and spine. It might reactivate as shingles after many years.
Shingles is not a deadly disease. However, it can be agonizing. Vaccines can aid in lowering the likelihood of shingles. Early therapy and medication can aid in shortening a shingles infection and lower the possibilities of complications. Postherpetic neuralgia is the most common complication resulting in shingles pain for an extended period after your blisters have gone.
What Are The Common Shingles Symptoms?
Shingles symptoms often affect only a tiny portion of either side of the body. These can be:
- Sensitivity to touch
- Fluid-filled blisters
- Pain and burning sensation
- A rash that starts some days after the pain
Other symptoms of shingles:
- Sensitivity to light
Pain is often the primary sign of shingles. For a few people, it can turn out to be intense. Based on the site of the pain, it can, at times, be mistaken for a sign of problems impacting organs like kidneys, lungs, and heart.
Usually, the shingles rash grows as a line of swellings that wraps around the right or the left side of the chest. At times, the shingles rash takes place around on eye or on either side of the face or neck.
When Should One Consult A Doctor?
One must reach out to a doctor quickly if he or she suspects shingles, mainly in these circumstances:
- The red rash and pain take place near an eye. If it is not given treatment on time or left untreated, it may result in permanent eye damage.
- You or any of your family members have weak immunity because of several reasons (such as chronic ailment, medications, or cancer).
- Your age is 60 or above, as age considerably raises the chances of complications.
Why Marijuana Therapy for Shingles?
Your body has endocannabinoid receptors, and obstruction of these does not take place similarly as other receptors, allowing marijuana therapy to give you respite from your pain in a manner that other therapies cannot.
Medical marijuana for shingles has neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties, too, for potentially lowering your soreness greatly, as well as the other lasting effects caused by the infection.
Ways of Medical Marijuana to Utilize For Curing Side Effects and Shingles Signs
- Apply marijuana-infused soap.
- Consuming it through beverages, foods, or solutions.
- Smoking marijuana through cigarettes and pipes
- Using topical creams for absorbing into the skin.
Regardless of the method you choose for your marijuana and shing
Leave a Reply