How to Make THC Dabs at Home?Erica Smith
Dabbing is a popular method for consuming wax, a type of cannabis concentrate. Soft and opaque from crystallization and a lack of transparency, THC wax (also known as dab wax) is an oil derived from the cannabis plant.
A blow torch, a glass pipe, and a nail are the typical dabbing instruments, although you may use anything from a blow torch to a pin (a small metal plate connected to the bang of the pipe). Before being “dabbed” or sucked, the amount of wax used is heated on the nail with a torch. Using this procedure yields a vaporized smoke that is high in THC.
Users of THC who are looking for a more intense high may choose to consume the drug via wax or dabs. The resin contains a THC concentration of up to 80%, making it significantly more potent than other forms of marijuana and resulting in a faster onset of its effects. For this reason, dabs are a quick and effective way to enjoy cannabis’ intoxicating effects.
Like any cannabis product, wax should be taken cautiously to avoid adverse side effects.
Methods for Inhaling THC Concentrate
There is a wide selection of cannabis concentrates on choosing from. Keep reading to discover what sets the several standard THC dab formats apart.
- Shatter is one of the most potent cannabis concentrates, with THC concentrations up to 80%, on par with a glass or hard candy slab.
- Crumble wax is also known as honeycomb wax because of its distinctive honeycomb structure. Permeable and appears to be a pale golden or gold tint.
- Hashish oil is a type of tetrahydrocannabinol that is highly concentrated when extracted using butane (THC).
- Most cannabis concentrates are safe for experienced smokers, but BHO is the exception.
Bubble Hash refers to hash or hashish chilled in ice water. When smoked, its beige hue transforms to a bubbly brown.
Thanks to a straightforward solvent-free method, DIY cannabis concentrates and dab rigs are now possible. We do not recommend that you try making butane hash oil (BHO) at your own house.
Dabbing is a well-liked method of utilizing wax. A blow torch, a glass pipe, and a nail are the typical dabbing instruments, although you may use anything from a blow torch to a pin (a small metal plate connected to the bang of the pipe). Before being “dabbed” or sucked, the amount of wax used is heated on the nail with a torch. Using this procedure yields a vaporized smoke that is high in THC.
Some of these cannabis extracts and other dabs can be created at home with the help of simple solventless recipes that can be found on the internet. If you’re interested in making butane hash oil (BHO), we recommend staying far away from the do-it-yourself methods.
Take into consideration attempting one of these DIY waxing methods at home. All rosins are manufactured using the same basic process: heating and pressing a natural resin. Those with ready access to a superior rosin press can forego the following procedures.
If you’re making dab, don’t use any solvents.
The optimal amount of cannabis for making wax is 2 grams (some would recommend about 5 to 7 grams in a rosin press). Tools needed include flat iron, oven mitts, a razor, and two pieces of nonstick parchment paper. Although a flat iron isn’t required, hair straighteners can be used for this purpose.
- Flat Iron(or hair straightener)
- Sharp knife
- A sheet of parchment paper for baking
- 2 grams of Indica
- As a first step, heat the flat iron to between 250 and 300 degrees Fahrenheit (121-149 degrees Celsius).
- The next step is to press down on four separate 2-gram nuggets.
- The third step is to position your bud in the fold of the nonsticky parchment.
- Sandwich the nugget between the mitten and the iron and hold for three seconds.
- In the fifth step, the nuggets will undergo the same treatment.
- You can now collect the resin stain by scraping the paper with the razor blade
- Seventh, use the remaining bud material in a culinary creation or for cannabidiol extraction. (There is no need to decarboxylate it; instead, you can soak the new buds in coconut or olive oil for a week or two, then strain out the plant matter. To put it simply, cannabis oil is oil that has been derived from the plant.
Dabs: Various Techniques for Preparation
In the same way that rosin or hashish may be made from cannabis, kief can be made into a similar product. Gather the materials as mentioned earlier and replace the kief with cannabis. Next, you can try any of these alternate strategies:
- Put some kief on the paper first. To create a flat surface, roll out the form.
- Step 2, you’ll roll up the parchment to make a newspaper.
- Wet the newspaper strip down (damp rather than soaking).
- The fourth step is to use a low-heat iron to press and heat the parchment newspaper.
- Turn the parchment-newspaper strip over after preheating and pressing one side for a few minutes. Do this until the newspaper is completely dry.
- Sixth, unroll the parchment paper and newspapers to expose the rosin once the newspaper is dry.
- Since no solvents are used during the extraction process, the resulting product is rosin rather than butane hash oil (BHO). Given that it was initially extracted from flowers, “flower rosin” has become more common than “hash rosin.”
- One alternative term for the kief method is “hash,” which refers to a resinous substance similar to rosin. To get the proper concentration, you’ll need to experiment with different pressures and temperatures using a rosin press.
Applying Dabs Properly
Several options are available. You can still enjoy dabbing even without a rig.
The Intake of Potent Substances Using Bowls
To use cannabis, fill a bowl and take a hit. Doing so will protect the wax from the flame’s heat. The heat and the strain crushed in the dabbing process will help transform the concentrate into smoke.
“Dabbing” with a vape pen.
You’ll need a unique atomizer because few vape pens are powerful enough to handle this. Place the dab with your collected item in the atomizer and inhale slowly and deeply to maximize the effects of your wax.
Dabs as an Addition to a Joint
Dabbing is done for shorter periods by encapsulating the wax and cannabis in a joint.
Should You Use Dabbing to Inhale Weed?
Dabbing has a variety of advantages and disadvantages. To help you decide whether dabbing is the best way for you to ingest cannabis, we’ve laid down some of the advantages and disadvantages of this method. It’s best to see a medical professional about how much cannabis is appropriate for you and what form of administration works best with your biochemistry.
It’s been found that dabbing some strains of medical marijuana can provide nearly instantaneous relief for those with chronic pain and depression. Patients who use cannabis for medical purposes have their doctors’ consent before starting to smoke wax.
However, wax’s sole positive health effect is that it is safer for the lungs than marijuana. Although dabbing may be marginally better on the lungs than smoking cannabis, there is no solid proof that it is safer.
Dabbing’s drawbacks may outweigh its benefits. As a first step, the market for products used for dabbing or waxing is accustomed to mass production. If the oil wasn’t processed with extreme caution, it’s feasible that the wax would contain too much butane. Those who are sensitive to butane or any other toxins included in hash oil should take extra care to avoid exposure to the gas, and everyone should use caution when around large quantities of butane. Rare occurrences of lung injury have been attributed to accidental inhalation of butane hash oil (i.e., lipid pneumonia).
If you use this much THC all at once, you may find that the adverse effects of cannabis hit you more often. Many people experience increased heart rate, paranoia, and sometimes a strange tingling feeling all over their bodies. High doses of THC can lead to psychosis and hallucinations in susceptible people.
Using any kind of cannabis concentrate, including edibles, dabs, and topicals, has been related to the development of cannabis hyperemesis syndrome, a condition characterized by continuous, uncontrollable vomiting. Although definitive studies are absent, some evidence supports this notion from smaller-scale and anecdotal data.
Dabbing is more expensive than other cannabis-based products, so budget-conscious consumers should be aware of it. Investing in a blow torch, nail, and dab rig is crucial. Vaping oils require a vaporizer that is capable of heating and evaporating concentrates.
Lastly, your body may develop a significant tolerance to THC. Tolerance to THC can develop, requiring higher and higher doses to achieve the same effects.
How to Properly Use THC Concentrate Oil Drops at Home?
Continuously monitor the temperature.
Intense heat will destroy the beneficial cannabinoids and other plant chemicals included in dabs. As a result, the pain-relieving benefits of dabs, which are widely used, are likely to be reduced. If you want to enjoy dabbing without getting burned, keeping an eye on the temperature is essential.
Dabbing is cool again, but it should be done at a legal dispensary this time.
Learn more about the origin of your THC concentrates. When dabbing at home, the possibility of contamination is reduced. Dabs should only be obtained from legitimate dispensaries to ensure the utmost quality and safety.
After each use, make sure to disinfect your dab rig.
Rinse the mouthpiece with rubbing alcohol after each use to prevent the growth of microorganisms. Dabbing tools can quickly become breeding grounds for mold, germs, and other unwelcome organisms if not kept clean.
The safest way to utilize dabs and other kinds of cannabis is first to obtain a medical marijuana license. Kif Doctor’s board-certified physicians are accessible around the clock to help you fill out your state-issued medical ID card application. Contact us right now to get started on the uncomplicated application process.